Application Scientist - Cologne, Germany or Cambridge, UK
Job code: SS14
Chemical Computing Group (CCG) is a life science software company producing leading drug discovery technology for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
Reporting to a Director of Scientific Services, this position requires computational drug discovery experience as well as superior interpersonal skills. This position is located either in Cambridge, UK, or Cologne, Germany.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Effectively interpret customers’ scientific problems and queries and resolve them as required by phone, email or meetings.
- Provide on-site customer support including formal presentations, demonstrations, training and discussions with a view to increase usage of MOE applications.
- Create customized software solutions using our in-house SVL scripting language.
- Produce course materials, tutorials and other technical documents for pedagogical purposes.
- Perform original research to produce scientific talks and posters for presentation at conferences, workshops and customer visits.
- Collaborate with CCG’s research and development team for software testing and discussions on software development.
- Provide recommendations to CCG sales and management teams to ensure that customer’s expectations are met.
- Be a well-respected and trustworthy resource for our clients.
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience in computational drug discovery.
- Strong relationship building and technical writing skills.
- Independent drive and a strong work ethic.
- Outgoing and friendly personality.
- Experience with the MOE software a plus.
- Experience in modeling for biological therapeutics a plus.
Please send your resume by email to (with SS14 in the subject line).
No phone calls, please.