Chemical Computing Group is pleased to announce that the next European UGM & Conference will be held
from May 15 to 18, 2018
at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Basel, Switzerland.
Our annual scientific meeting is a 4-day event consisting of 2 days of workshops (May 15-16)
and 2 days of scientific presentations (May 17-18),
as well as plenty of opportunities to socialize during our receptions and conference dinner.
Registration is now open HERE.
- Oliver Barker, Computational Chemist, Almac Discovery
- Elisabetta Chiarparin, Associate Director, Oncology Chemistry, AstraZeneca
- Ewa Chudyk, Research Scientist I, Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Europe) Ltd.
- Peter Ertl, Director, Cheminformatics, Novartis
- Frank Otto Gombert, Managing Director, GPRS – Gombert Pharma Research Solutions
- Matthew Habgood, Senior Computational Chemist, Evotec
- Andriy Kovalenko, Senior Research Officer and Adjunct Professor, National Institute for Nanotechnology, University of Alberta
- Christian Kramer, Senior Scientist, F. Hoffmann-La Roche
- Torsten Luksch, Senior Computational Chemist, Syngenta
- Iñaki Morao, Senior Principal Scientist, Evotec
- Graeme Robb, Senior Computational Chemist, AstraZeneca
- Jerome Wicker, Cheminformatician, Oxford Drug Design
- Björn Windshügel, Head of Structure-Based Drug Design, Fraunhofer Institut für Molekularbiologie und Angewandte Ökologie IME
- Romain Wolf, Investigator III, Novartis
|TUESDAY, May 15 - Workshops||DAY 1|
Structure preparation / Non-natural amino acids / Conformational searching / Distance restraints / Peptide-protein docking / Protein-ligand interaction fingerprints
|WEDNESDAY, May 16 - Workshops & Poster Session||DAY 2|
Pharmacophore Modeling / Docking / Fragment-based Design / Scaffold Replacement / R-Group Screening / Project Search / Protein-Ligand Interaction Fingerprints
Homology modeling / Loop Modeling / Loop Conformational Searching / Sequence Alignments / Structure Superposition / Multimer alignments and superpositions
MOE Databases / Descriptors / Fingerprints / QSPR Modeling / Pharmacophore Modeling / Template-Forced Docking / Scaffold Replacement / MedChem Transformations
Protein Engineering / Protein Properties / Developability / Hot Spot Analysis / Antibody Modeling / Humanization / Molecular Surfaces
|18:30-20:30||Opening Reception & Poster Session|
|THURSDAY, May 17 - Scientific Presentations||DAY 3|
|19:00-22:00||Conference Dinner at Restaurant Safran-Zunft|
|FRIDAY, May 18 - Scientific Presentations||DAY 4|
Poster submission is now open on the registration page HERE.
Presenters of accepted posters will receive a 25% discount on early / regular registration.
There will be a number of hands-on MOE workshops on various application areas on
May 15 (afternoon) and 16 (morning and afternoon).
Workshops will be held at the Radisson Blu Hotel. Course titles are shown above in the Preliminary Agenda.
Before March 16, 2018, conference fees are EUR 200,
rising to EUR 300 after this date.
Registration provides attendees with full access to all workshop sessions,
scientific presentations, meals and social functions. Attendees presenting an accepted poster or oral presentation will receive a 25% discount on early / regular registration.
If you would be interested in presenting a talk, or have any questions about the UGM and Conference, please contact
Steve Maginn at and Raul Alvarez at .
We look forward to welcoming you to Basel this coming May!